advertise

Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 30, 2013

Got on the scale today and got the biggest shock of my life. I've had a tough time lately with my back injury in the last month. Taking medications, going to doctor offices and emergency rooms. Didn't do a lot of exercising but I did stick to my diet. The scale read 279 pounds. Shocking because after all the challenges and obstacles I dealt with, in two weeks I had lost a amazing five pounds!!

This just floored me this morning.  Before I got on I was hoping I had lost a pound or two. So in three months I have lost a total of 17 pounds. Like my wife reminded me, I'm within three pounds of my first year goal of losing twenty pounds. I am stunned and humble and happy and simple amazed. I can also say I've lost a pant size, down to 46 inches in the waist now.

Great news and my journey continues on. Last night I did weight training and wall push ups for almost forty minutes while watching the NCAA March Madness Basketball game, where our University of Louisville defeated Oregeon Ducks to advance to the elite eight. Next Sunday we face off against the Duke Blue devil's for a chance to make the final four.

I'm still eating regular food and alternating days with fat days and light fat days. This past two weeks I had ice cream, collard greens, ribs, fish, jelly bean candy, potato chips, pecans and other nuts, water, low calorie drink mix, sausage biscuits, and pancake and syrup. Ate well but kept my stomach from getting stuffed. Still keep sweets to a minimum and staying active. Hope everyone is doing well and until next time take care and God Bless. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment