advertise

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 20, 2013

Surprised my back isn't healed yet, but I guess all the training I did took a bigger toll on me than I realized. On Monday after work my back was in so much pain, I took pain medications and went to bed early. Either my back was in pain or my leg. Today my back is fine and the leg pain is back.

After I write this post I will exercise for at least an hour. I know the pain I'm in is from over training. I was working out six days a week for 90 minutes. Didn't have enough rest days for my body to recover. Over training can do the reverse, make you worse off instead of better.

My new training method is two days of exercise and one to two days off. I read it can take up to 36 hours for the full benefits of resting. Still working out with the weights, dancing to You tube and working my core with stomach crunches and stomach bicycles.

Haven't been to the park since I injured my back on the bridge.  I realize I haven't added a new exercise in a while. Will need to look for a new thing to add to my routine to keep everything fresh and engage new muscles. It is good to change up your workout, to get the maximum benefits to your body.

Tonight I had two barbecue ribs sandwiches for dinner, last night I cooked Salmon fish. I love seafood, but my wife is not a fan and can't stand the smell of  fish cooking. My goal to minimize her discomfort by reducing the offending odor in someway.

Eating raisin bran cereal for fiber and tangerines at lunch time. Also taking small bags of chips for work and I only drink water at work. At home I drank water and drink mix with water that has only a few calories in it.

This week had my first taste of sweets. Had a few cookies my wife had and a bag of Jelly beans that I ate over several days. Cooked spinach with corn the other night. Drinking a lot of water and drank one soda this week. Tomorrow I'll probably eat tuna sandwiches or pancakes.

I will have to watch my food intake. Some days I eat too much. Trying to only eat when I'm hungry and keep my stomach light. I'm still in the game to lose the weight and get myself as healthy as possible. This is more than a weight loss journey, but a positive life style change I plan to do forever. Until next time take care and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment