advertise

Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25, 2013

Five days away from my next weigh in on my journey to lose 100 pounds. I've been on a mini vacation from work. I will return to work tomorrow after my four day weekend.

My wife Jae inspired me to start a blog because she had been wanting to start one about her writing. I ended up starting mine first and then she put her out like two weeks later. She has written some books and many stories but now is working on her first book for publication. Here is a link to her blog:
This week i changed up my exercise routine by  concenstrating on the cardio portion only.  Normally I have a mix of 70 % cardio and 30 % weight lifting and vice versa for each week. I like to keep mixing things up so my body want get used to it and burn even more calories.
I went to the park two days ago and did a slow walk around since i was sore, walked the 1.2 miles in 27 minutes. then came home and finished working out. The other day incorporated jump roping into my routines as my new exercise this week. Danced to you tube yesterday. today i'm taking off after three days of working out.
Had tuna on tomatoes on yesterday that was good and a change of pace. Ran out of bread so improvised with the tomatoes as a substitute.  Cooked hamburger and fries, salmon fish, apples, oranges, chips, pecan ice cream,  pancakes, and coffee.  Sticking to the real food routine with a variety of foods. I rarely eat out anymore which is good for the waist line and the wallet.
Will add more vegetables to the mix. I like to have a wide options of food and exercise to keep things from getting boring.  To stay motivated I read up on exercise and health almost daily. Soon I will add my picture to the blog once my wife's busy schedule slows down.  Below is a link to a 101 year old Marathon runner, my hope is to be working out in my senior years too. Until next time take care and God Bless.
check out links below:
A Otis Redding gem I found by mistake
101 year old marathon runner

No comments:

Post a Comment