advertise

Saturday, February 02, 2013

February 2, 2013

This has been a good day and the best part is  the day is not over yet. First thing i did this morning i went for a jog/walk at a park for the first time is years. I have not ran in like three decades ( since my Air Force days).  Did it on a very cold day with about two inches on snow blanketing the ground. i hate cold weather so being at the park when it this cold is a big first also.

My park workout last thirty minutes: about ten minutes jogging and twenty minutes walking. It was a little slick but i didn't fall. Of course it was like five people in the park because of the weather. Just getting out in it was a big win for myself. According to a calorie counting website i burned a total of 280 calories doing that work out.

I was pleasantly surprised afterwards. Normally i am dragging with little energy, due to being morbid obese and having sleep apnea. While shopping after that work i notice i had a abundance of energy. You could call me the energy bunny and my mood was up. That is a powerful motivator to keep that going.

As promised got on the scale and lost another pound. Put another way in two weeks time i burned off 3,500 calories than i consumed. That average out to being burning 250 calories a day. Pretty good for a former couch potato.

Planning to adjust my diet to eat lean fish and tuna every other day to help offset my fattening big calories from the ribs, hamburger and this week pork chops. Adding cook vegetables to complete my dinner plate on every meal too. Eating a small serving of ice cream and doing that every other day too.

Also plan to go in the basement to do a little weight training. If you haven't notice. Today i doubled my work time. Losing a pound a week is good for me. I prefer the slow method because i plan to make this a way of life. My new life. God Bless and wish everyone have a good day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment