advertise

Friday, February 22, 2013

February 22, 2013

I'm glad to be back on track after struggling for decades to lose weight. I remember in October 1983 i went to the air force recruiter office and he told me i had passed everything but only one thing was holding me back from joining the military. He said i was too heavy and needed to drop 30 pounds. I remember leaving his office and at the subway station heading back home, i remember emptying the candy  out of my pockets into the trash can. on that subway ride home i thought about what the recruiter said over and over again.

While on the train i vowed i would lose the weight somehow with no knowledge of how to do it. I had never exercised outside of gym class in high school. soon i was at the library  and i checked out two books, one on running and one on rice dishes. I had observed army soldiers running at fort Gordon, GA the summer of my junior year in high school while visiting there thru my ROTC program. so this inspired me to check out running.

From there on my family acre of land i started walking in the backyard everyday. Then walking/jogging/ then running for six months and eating rice dishes with soup or beef stew on top. six month later in march 1984 i showed back at the recruiter office. The same recruiter didn't recognize me and asked who i was. after i explained i dropped 70 pounds, i joined the air force the following week.

Now that same fire and desire i had then has returned to me again and i'm very excited to have it back. how times have changed since then. now my library is google and you tube. i'm amazed at all the information that is out there now. since i have so much more knowledge and multiple avenues to pursue i know i will be unstoppable. I vowed to myself also there would be no excuses to make my goal and so far i am keeping it. i will keep it no questions in my mind about that.

What i have learned even thru the struggling years that the mind is a big part of any success. So many times i talked myself out doing what i needed to do, being lazy, procrastinating, making excuses, and being stubborn. Then i knew i was heading down the right path when i was willing to sacrifice things. that was a big ah moment. sacrifice is the major step to any  major change.

For example, i finally finished school after 26 years of taking my first college class, when i  earned my bachelor degree five years ago. I got it done when i sacificed four years of my life to nothing but school. I had no life for those years because i was either in class, working, or studying for class.

To successful lose the weight i sacrificed desserts out my diet, changed my eating habit to fat protein and then lean protein every other day and exercise six days a week. Three day on and one day off. Nine pounds lighter is the result since January 1st. More to come later, until next time take care of yourself and God Bless.

Check out these links:


20 Must-Do Tips to Make Any Workout Routine Better


Exercise Can Make You Smarter, Study Says

No comments:

Post a Comment