advertise

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tribute and Life Experiences

June 15, 2013

Exactly a week away from my next weigh in. Had watermelon for breakfast, this is a super food. Also had black coffee and water. Today I wanted to give a shot out and tribute to one of my first friends on the web. This man lost over 150 pounds and is a running machine. He done what I'm on my journey to do. His name is Fred Lucheuga out of Chicago, check him out http://www.fat2fitfred.com/.

Like I said earlier, in 1984 I lost 70 pounds in six month to join the Air Force. My recruiter said you have everything to join except you are overweight. I fixed that problem by running in my backyard and changing my diet to low fat meat and rice. Then after the military I stopped working out and gained more weight than before.

Since I gained the weight it was up to me to lose the weight. So last year I made up my mind I was going to do whatever it took for how long it took to lose that weight. So began my journey in January 1, 2013. Success comes down to commitment, mental toughness, and faith you can do it.

Since I began this journey I've had injuries, food temptations, stress from work, care for my wife with crohn's disease and other challenges. I was determined to take control of something in my life that I could do and it was to lose weight. I'm proud of my success thus far and still have a long way to go. Like Fred Lucheuga my plan is to lose it and keep it off for good. This is a lifestyle change I've always wanted for years.

Thankfully with hard work and dedication it is happening for me and I know it can happen for you too, who's struggled with weight. I can tell you it is never to late I'm 48 years old and not impossible. Good luck on your journey and I want to thank everyone who stops by and see my progress. Take care and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment