advertise

Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 28, 2013

This weekend got on the scale to see how I had done in the last two weeks. Happy to report I've lost another two pounds. My total weight loss is now 23 pounds since January 2013. Now I've got 77 pounds to go to complete my weight loss goal.

To lose one pound equals 3, 500 calories burned off. So two pounds equates to 7, 000 of calories burned off in 14 days. This equates to me burning 500  calories a day. Weight loss is simple math burn off more calories than you consume.

Losing weight is a challenge but it is not impossible. My plans has been two fold. I increase exercising time and put in exercises that burn the most calories. I exercise 45 minutes to 90 minutes every other day. For example getting on a stationary bike burns calories. But not as many calories as an elliptical, running, and weight lifting.

In google search engine type in how many calories burned. Put in your weight and put 20 minutes for each exercise above and you will see how many more calories are burned doing those three exercises I do vs a stationary bike.

The second plan was to decrease my calories intake and increase more healthy food. My big problems has always been sweet items like cakes, pies and candy. I use to eat them everyday. Sugar has a lot more calories in it than non sugary food. Decreased my sugar intake to like twice a month. Added more fruit, vegetables, and fiber. I cut out soda and other drinks that have a lot of calories.

I'm satisfied and never hungry and I eat real food we all eat everyday. The plan is working and this is something I can do for the rest of my life. After decades of struggling with my weight and being out of control.  It feels good to have control on my destiny and at the same time improve my health. Until next time, take and care and God bless you. Thanks from visiting my blog and wish you a successful and safe week.

No comments:

Post a Comment