advertise

Saturday, April 26, 2014

working on diet

April 26, 2014

since i working on my back pain issue, i was forced to adjust my diet. back in physical therapy and after work on friday went to the emergency room. injured my big toe coming down the steps at home. was in severe pain in my toe for two days and ended up in the er.

the er doctor said my issue was a combination on gout and sprained foot. i was already taking medication for the gout before this latest incident. so to combat that i've cut sweets out of my diet. my understanding gout is a combination of diet and arthritis.

due to this change my work lunch will take a radical change. before to save money and time i had been taking potato chips, ding dongs, oatmeal pies and bottle water. now i will take more real food and make sure none of them are dessert snakes.

at my job everyone brings in bags full of candy in which i will have to say no too also. i had cut way back on soda since i was having stomach pain earlier this year. i may drink a soda like twice a week. this morning i was going to drank coffee at home but realized i put sugar in it, so i'm holding off until next weekend.

too much sugar causes my gout to inflame  my big toes so i'm forced to limit it. on a scale of 1 thru 10 on a pain ratio chart, my pain hit a ten. my toe swole up and turned red and i had to hobble at work, at the hospital and at the pharmacy.

the doctor gave me some pain pills and told to stay off my foot for three days. so friday i called into work and told i couldn't make it in. i'm making changes to lose weight and keep my health stable.

still in the game and will have to adjust my exercise routine to keep my back from going out too. until next time take care and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment