advertise

Thursday, August 13, 2015

High Blood Pressure and Fitbit


It's been a really long time since I have posted anything on my blog. I fell of the band wagon and gained all the weight back. My exercise fell off big time; only doing a few sessions a month.

Then had to do my annual health assessment last month and found out my blood pressure was extremely high for the first time in my life, reading 169/92. This is like stroke city range and needing hospital stays. I was determined to watch my sodium intake and increase my exercise to combat this problem. Luckily it has been going down. Last time I checked it read like 154/85. Still high but going in the right direction. I think it spiked from eating a lot of country ham.

Then two week ago, my wife purchased us both fitbit bands that measure our walking steps and calories burns. Got hooked from day 1!! Everyday trying to get my 10,000 steps in. Last weekend walked both day in the park doing two miles each day.

My weight is now 299 pounds, one pound heavier than when I started this process. Every two weeks I'm weighing myself and checking my blood pressure. 

This is my update for now and will keep posting again.




No comments:

Post a Comment