advertise

Saturday, February 15, 2014

seafood blues and other painful sides

february 15, 2014

my doctor told me i can't have seafood because that causes uric acid that cause my gout to flare up. my lab test came back with my acid levels off the chart and now she's prescribing me medicine for that. certain seafood i can't have and others i can have sparingly. I know a big part of it came from me drinking two sodas a day at work since the water at work tastes bad. will start taking bottle water and stop drinking the stuff at work.

i love seafood and that just sunk in my heart i will have to cut down on that stuff. i will do more study on that topic to see what i can do about that. my freezer is full of salmon and i have tuna in the cabinet. my research so far said tuna is definitely a no no.

survived my first week at physical therapy. they convinced me to try needle therapy which is similar to acupunture. the dry needles go into the muscle to try and stop it from triggering or firing off which causes pain. then she runs a scaper along my calf and talk about painful, she warned me i could scream out if i needed to.

when she was doing that extra pain was coming out and i twitched and turned and couldn't wait til that was over. it did let me know i had more pain and in more places in my calf than i knew. 70% of it was in tight knots from muscle spasms all down the back side and down on one side.

thankfully in a few days some of the pain went down, now i walk like a old man. i kinda walk side to side. the pain in my thigh and butt area went away, now trying to heal the calf muscle. they have me doing stretches and a few exercises, then given ice and heat. 

so still under doctor care on the road to recovery. will keep you guys posted on my progress. until next time God Bless and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment